Abandoned cart notification
In this feature, you can:
- Email a registered store user when they add items to their basket but don’t finalize a purchase
The option can be found in the WSM under communication or checkout options.
To access this feature, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Settings > All Config Options.
- Search Enable Abandoned Cart Follow-up E-mail.
Enable abandoned cart follow-up email
- Specify the number of days to wait before issuing the email.
- The WebSell platform will look for customer records that have been modified in the 24 hours since that date and, if there are any items in that customer's basket, builds an email from the Abandoned Cart Email template.
- A second WSM option is also available Period during which Abandoned Cart Follow-up Email is not repeated.
- You set a period in days that will stop any subsequent email issuing to a customer that has already had an abandoned cart email issued to them.
- This functionality works by checking when a customer record has been modified.
- This modification could be the customer logging in, making a modification to items in their basket.
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.