Configuring form settings
In this feature, you can:
- Configure basic settings for your form
- Set the form layout
- Configure advanced settings
To configure your form settings, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Design & Content > Form Builder.
- Create or edit a pre-existing menu.
- Select Form Settings.
Form settings tab
- This tab allows you to set up the basic settings for your form.
- Generally, the default settings will be what you are looking for.
- The name of the form can not be removed. You'll have to create a new form if you want a new name.
- The description lets you know what the form is for, it will not be visible to your shoppers.
- Decide what happens when the form is submitted.
- Validate form server-side before submitting - this option will cause the form to be submitted by AJAX to the servers where it will be parsed for errors. Any errors occurring will stop the form from being submitted and the form printed out again with any errors associated with the form highlighted as shown in this example.
Warning: If you don't know what these settings do, it is best to leave them alone.
- The Form ID will add an id attribute to the form tag allowing you to target it with CSS;
- The Form Class is the same but adds the string you input into a class attribute in the form tag;
- Form Action is for use by development.
- Form Method is for use by development. If you want your form emailed to you then ensure this is set to POST.
- Decide how the fields in your form are laid out.
- Your two basic choices are whether you want the field labels above or to the left of your field and how you want the fields wrapped.
- The default layout looks best without playing around with CSS!
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.