Marketing Cookies Popup
- WebSell has released a new configuration option allowing your customers to specifically give consent to marketing cookies.
- If consent is not given, third-party tracking plugins such as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel will not work.
- This is an update to the existing informational cookie popup.
- We recommend you switch to the updated popup by enabling this configuration option Enable GDPR cookie consent popup and disabling the previous version DEPRECATED: Enable GDPR cookie warning popup (v1).
- These changes are mandatory for retailers in Ireland and align with European GDPR Standards; in other EU countries and in the UK this approach is recommended as opposed to required
- This feature is currently available on the alpha and beta branches
How To Enable The Cookie Popup
Access your WebStore manager and go to Settings > All Config Options.
Using the search bar provided, enter the following: Enable GDPR cookie consent popup or Select Customer out of the list of headings.
Set the checkbox for Enable GDPR cookie consent popup to either enable or disable the cookie warning.
Once you have enabled or disabled cookies, select Save.
Note: If you disable the cookie popup, it will not be shown at all, and third party tracking plugins will always be enabled.
The Cookie Popup Window
Users will now be presented with a popup window where they can accept or reject the use of marketing cookies.
Detailed information regarding the data each cookie tracks and its purpose will be clearly displayed by clicking on the Learn more link. You can change the link via the configuration settings outlined in the above section How to enable the cookie pop up.
How To Edit The Cookie Window
Editing the cookie window will be the exact same procedure as all other modals on the WebSell platform. To edit the cookie window please do the following:
Access your WebStore manager and go to Design & Content > Edit Templates.
Click the dropdown menu, found just above the coding screen.
Select Cookie Preferences under the heading Modals.
From here you can edit the text of the cookie window, here’s a quick example of how to do it:
- Once you have accessed the Cookie Preferences Modal, locate where you would like to edit the text. For this example we will be editing the main text.
- You can change the text to suit your preference.
- Once you are happy click the Save Changes button. You will be given a preview of the ending result.
- You can then decide to visit the live store or continue editing.
To find out more about these regulations, visit the data protection office (DPO) website for your country.
GDPR: GDPR Standards
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.