General overview for creating coupons
In this feature, you can:
- View a general overview of coupons
To create and manage your coupons, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Marketing > Coupons.
Coupons enable customers to receive discounts on what they order by entering a coupon code during the checkout process.
To create a coupon, do the following:
- Click Create Coupon.
- Name your coupon.
- The name of your coupon will not be visible to your WebStore.
- Name your coupon code.
- The shopper will enter the coupon code at the checkout.
- The code should not contain spaces.
- You can opt to automatically generate a coupon code.
- Choose your Discount Type.
To learn more about coupon types, visit: Coupon Types.
- Specify the minimum order total.
- Set the minimum value to 0 if this is not required.
- Specify the maximum usage.
- The global limit is the number of times any customer can use the coupon.
- The per-customer limit is the number of times one customer can use the coupon.
- Set price level restrictions.
- Specify if coupons should be disabled to customers at certain price levels.
- Visit: Product Descriptions to learn more about price levels.
- Check the Charity Donation box to specify if a coupon should require an item from the charity panel.
- Add or edit rules to specify how the coupon behaves.
- Click Save.
To learn more about price levels, visit: Product Descriptions.
- Create a web coupon that requires the user of the web coupon to select an item from the charity panel on the checkout page.
- Make sure that the charity panel is enabled and that the panel is populated with items that are in stock.
To learn more about the charity panel, visit: Setting up the charity checkout panel.
Adding rules to coupons
- You can add rules to specify how a coupon behaves.
- Rules can create coupons such as:
- Free shipping if a shopper spends over a certain amount.
- Restrict the discount to customers based in a certain country/state
To add a rule, do the following:
- Click Add Rule when creating or editing a coupon.
- Select your conditions.
- Choose to apply the promotion or not.
- The following example states that if the product matches the Levi brand the promotion will be applied.
- This means this coupon will be only available to Levi products.
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.