Editing the blog archive panel
In this feature, you can:
- Learn to edit and modify the blog archive panel
To edit and modify the blog landing page, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Design & Content > Edit Templates.
- Scroll to the Blog header.
- Select the blog archive panel.
Warning: If you are not comfortable with editing HTML and do not have experience with web scripting languages, it is advisable to seek NitroSell's assistance with changes to these templates.
The blog archive panel
- This panel lists the blog articles by date they were published.
- Each article is a link to an article page.
- The default behaviour of the panel is to display the years the blog has been in existence.
- This is further broken down into months on which articles were written.
- Each month then has a list of articles written that month.
- All articles are hidden except for those in the last year and month.
- The visibility of these is toggle by clicking on a month or year.
- This toggling relies on the class names given to the years and months.
- To stop this behaviour and have everything display, simply remove the class names.
Loops in NitroScript
- NitroScript will allow you to nest certain arrays of information. This page has three arrays of information available on it:
- blogArchiveYear : list of years in which articles have been written;
- blogArchiveMonth : list of months in which articles have been written;
- blogArchiveArticle : data on articles. Each article knows the year and month it was written in and can therefore be used to check if it should be present in any loop over blogArchiveMonth and blogArchiveYear;
- They can be nested in each other in this order.
- There is no point trying to loop over blogArchiveYears inside blogArchiveArticle.
This is like all article arrays and contains the same information as: Creating a blog for your WebStore.
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.