Populating carousels by rule
In this feature, you can:
- Populate carousels by rule
To populate carousels by rule, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Design & Content > Carousel Builder.
- Select or create a new carousel.
- Select populated by rule.
Populating by rule
- Assemble a set of rules which the platform runs against your store.
- The carousel is then populated with the products that these rules select.
- This carousel has access to all the products in your store.
- Each rule is a way of restricting the products the carousel can see.
- The more rules you add, the less products the carousel can select from.
Creating a rule
- Select a field that you want to use to restrict by. (E.g., If you want products from a department you would select the Item department from the menu named Field.)
- Choose your Operator.
- Then select the Value.
Note: If you are creating a rule based on a department, category, theme or brand, the relevant values will populate the Value input on the left.
- Click Add.
Sort Order of Displayed Products
- Select various fields to sort your products by.
- Select the field you wish to sort your carousel by from the Sort-by Field menu.
- Select the order that your products will be displayed in.
Number of Products Displayed
- The Limit menu allows you to select how many products are in your carousel.
- We limit this number to ensure your store stays responsive.
Special Values in Certain Fields
- Certain Fields contains magic values (E.g., From this department, From this category, From this theme and From this brand).
To learn more about special values in certain fields, visit: Special values in rule-based carousels.
Adding too many rules to a carousel
- Adding too many rules will narrow the number of products that appear on a carousel quite fast.
Note: When the rules that populate a carousel don’t return any products, no carousel is rendered.
Products selected by the rules
- On the right-hand side of the interface is a box that will populate with the products that the current rule set will return.
- When you add or delete rules, click the Update to make this list update.
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.