Populating carousels with historic data
In this feature, you can:
- Populate carousels with historic data
To populate carousels by rule, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Design & Content > Carousel Builder.
- Select or create a new carousel.
- Select populated by history.
Populating carousels with historic purchase data
- Every time a product is bought, your store remembers which products were bought with it.
- When Widget_A is bought with Widget_ B that connection is stored. This carousel will then use this data to display products that were bought together.
- This carousel should only be included on product pages. On the product page for Widget_A this carousel will look for other products that were bought with it.
Note: The panel only makes sense to use after the store has built up a history of purchases.
Options that Affect this Carousel
- There are two global options that have an effect on the products displayed in this carousel.
- Because they are global options you cannot set them ‘per carousel’.
Ordering of Items
- By default, we arrange the items in the carousel by the frequency with which they were bought together.
- It is possible to change this to display the associated items alphabetically.
Number of Items to Display
- This allows you to determine the number of items to display on this carousel.
- This overrides the global setting found in the WebStore Configuration page called Change the number of related items displayed.
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.