reCAPTCHA v3 anti-spam test
In this feature, you can:
- Learn the differences between reCAPTCHA v3 and reCaptcha v2
To access this feature, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Settings > All Config Options.
- Search reCAPTCHA v3.
Tip: We recommend upgrading to reCAPTCHA v3 - it works best with the latest version of Chrome.
What is reCAPTCHA
- reCAPTCHA is a Google service that helps protect your website from spam and abuse.
- It tells humans and bots apart and reduces spam by preventing automated submissions.
- By using it on your WebStore, you prevent bots from creating fake accounts, posting reviews, contacting you via the contact form, basically any user interaction with your store.
reCAPTCHA v3 vs reCAPTCHA v2
- With reCAPTCHA v2, users have to perform an interactive test to confirm that they are not bots.
- reCAPTCHA v2 is displayed as I’m not a robot box:
- On clicking on a checkbox, a window with images is displayed:
- The users need to select all images with the specified element to prove that they are human.
- reCAPTCHA v3 is different from reCAPTCHAv2 because it allows you to verify if an interaction is legitimate without interrupting user actions, or users having to perform tests.
- Instead, it tracks all the traffic and interactions on your website in the background: how the users click, move the cursor, fill in the information, etc.
- In addition to user interaction tracking, reCAPTCHA v3 can use the customer’s Google cookies, if they are present.
- If a user is logged into a google account, reCAPTCHA v3 can use the information stored in the user's cookie to assist in its decision.
- Based on the information it retrieves, it ranks the user and returns a score from 0.0 to 1.0, where:
- 0.0 is very likely a bot;
- 1.0 is very likely a good interaction.
reCAPTCHA v3 learns by seeing the real traffic on your website: the more user interactions it registers, the better it works.
To learn how to enable reCAPTCHA v3, visit:Enabling reCAPTCHA v3.
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.