Setting up product customization
In this feature, you can:
- Create an interface that shoppers can use to personalize their products.
- Create single form customisation.
To set up product customization, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Products > Product customization
- Check to enable product customization.
Creating products for customization
- Shoppers can personalize their products to suit their specific needs.
- You will need two products:
- The actual product will be available on your WebStore.
- A dummy copy of the same product.
Visit: How to create a product to learn more about creating products for your WebStore.
Visit: Viewing all products to learn how to view the product page.
Follow these steps to set up product customization on your WebStore:
Creating the dummy product:
- Create a new product via All Products.
- Add a name and code.
- Check the Hide Product checkbox. You do not want the dummy product to be available on your WebStore.
- Add a large quantity of stock.
- Set the price to zero.
- Select Save.
- Go to the product page of the dummy product.
- Copy the ID code in the URL of the product page.
- Go to your main product, the product that is visible to your WebStore.
- Scroll down to Product Details.
- Paste the ID in the ID of product tagalong.
- Select three empty custom fields in the Additional fields.
Warning: These custom fields can not be used for anything else.
- Go to Products > Product Customization.
- Set the three custom fields.
- Go back to the Product Page of the actual product.
- Fill in the custom fields.
- The first field is usually the title. (E.g., Header_Plate, Sheild_1)
- The second field will be the types of customizations available.
- Field 3 will be for the cost.
Types of customization
- There are different types of customization, you can make a text box appear, a select dropdown, a number field.
- Text box: enter the max length as a value (E.g., 50).
- Drop-down: put a '-' between the options.
- Radio buttons: like the dropdown above, but you start your options with a lowercase 'r'.
Cost of customization
- There are three options for the cost of customization.
- Option A:
- Set a cost for inputting anything into a field.
- Assign zero into the field for no price.
- You can use a pattern to assign a price to a specific option. (E.g., 1000-2000-3000 or 0-100-200 etc).
- Option B:
- Set a cost per character - Add the string evaluate-charcost-## where ## is the number of customization items that will be added per character entered into the text input.
- Option C:
- Ask the store to evaluate a number input and add that to the price.
- Add the string evaluate-inputvalue.
- The store will multiply the value in the number input by 100 and add that number of customization items to the basket.
Single Form Customization
To create a single form to customize products, please do the following:
- Go to Design & Content > Form Builder.
- Set up and save your form.
- Go to Settings > All Config Options.
- Search for Single Form Product Customization.
- Assign to an empty custom field.
- Go to the Edit Product.
- Enter the form name into the custom text field.
- Click Save.
- The customization form will be found on the products page.
Note: Single form customization DOES NOT affect the price of the product
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.