Setting up your shipping schedules
Using this feature you can:
- Add delivery slots.
- Place a limit on the number of orders that are allowed for each slot.
- Charge different prices for each slot.
- Add once-off or recurring delivery slots
- Specify excluded dates in which no shipping will take place.
To set up your shipping schedule, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Shipping & Taxes > General Setup.
- Select a country.
- Scroll down to Shipping Methods.
- Click a shipping method.
- Click Configure.
The scheduling panel
- View an overview of time slots and excluded dates.
- Click & Drag the cursor over the slot interval to move or edit a slot.
Adding a time slot
- To add a time slot, click Add Slot.
Date and Time
- The Start date is the first date in which the delivery slot will appear.
- If this is a single event, then this is the only date that will have this delivery slot.
- If it is a recurring date, then this is the first date in which the recurring slot will start being available.
- The format of the date depends on the language settings of your browser.
- The start and end times define the length of the slot.
- You can choose any length of time for the slot, and there is complete flexibility; you can have one slot from 4:15 - 4:30pm and another slot from 6:00 - 8:00pm on the same day.
- If you would like to have a delivery slot which repeats, they have the option to make the slot weekly or bi-weekly.
- When one of these options are selected, the retailer will then be able to choose which days of the week that the delivery slot will be available.
- You can control the availability of shipping dates.
- This can prevent the store from being overwhelmed by a high amount of orders that are placed just before the delivery slot occurs.
- If the slot is before the maximum availability or after the minimum availability, it will not appear as an option on the checkout page.
- The order limit is the maximum number of orders that can be placed on this delivery slot, giving you full control over how many deliveries are processed.
- If the order limit is reached, then the delivery slot will no longer appear on the checkout for customers.
- Define the slot cost.
Default: The slot delivery cost will be the same as the cost of the shipping method it is assigned to.
Increase cost: The cost of the slot is added to the shipping option.
Decrease cost: The cost of the slot is subtracted from the shipping option.
Override cost: The cost of the slot will override the cost of the shipping option.
Free fulfilment: The Cost of shipping to be free.
- Click Save.
- Click Activate Schedule to implement the delivery slots
Note: For recurring orders, the order limit is shared across the schedule events, we recommend having a recurring schedule of no more than one or two days a week.
- Select Add New.
- Enter the date you wish to be excluded.
- Click Exclude Date.
Note: Like the Start date for adding slots, it is written in DD/MM/YYYY format, but you can click on the icon to the right to display a calendar from which you can choose a date from.
- Delivery slots appear as a new template on the checkout page
Note: The template is customisable, however, it is not recommended without assistance from our team.
- Select an available delivery slot
- When the maximum number of orders per delivery slot is reached, the time slot will no longer be displayed on the checkout page under that date.
- Once you have selected a delivery slot you will be given a time that states how long this slot will be reserved for.
Note: The interface is also adaptable for mobile devices, with the dates appearing in a vertical list with the same features.
Delivery slot error message
- If a customer tries to checkout without selecting a delivery slot, or if their slot reservation expires, they will receive this error message and the checkout will fail.
- This error message is an editable language string.
- Edit the string ERR_SELECT_DELIVERYSLOT to your preferred description.
To learn more about editing a language string, visit: Editing the language of your store.
If you have any problems with this feature please contact our support team by opening a ticket.