Once a customer completes a purchase via your online store, they have the option to share their thoughts by leaving a review. These reviews serve as valuable feedback mechanisms, providing insights into your store and products, while also assisting potential buyers in their decision-making process. Only customers who have made a purchase are permitted to submit reviews.
You need to approve product reviews before they can appear on your product pages. You can also delete reviews that you don't want to show on your product pages.
Requesting product reviews from your customers is also a great way to engage customers and get valuable feedback about your business and products.
Viewing and approving customer reviews
You can view and approve/delete reviews from this product review dashboard.
- Log in to your WebStore Manager.
- Click Marketing > Customer Reviews.
- You will see a list of all product reviews.
- You can Approve, Edit, or Cancel from this view by clicking on the relevant option.
Note: Once you approve a review, it will become visible on that product's page. If you delete a review it will be completely removed.
Editing customer reviews
You can edit customer reviews from this page too.
- From the WebStore Manager, click Marketing > Customer Reviews.
- Click Edit under the Actions column.
- Make your edits and click Save Review to confirm your edits.
Requesting product reviews
Requesting product reviews keeps customers engaged and indicates to them that you value their feedback.
- You can automatically email customers that have bought items asking them whether they would like to review their purchase.
- The email issues after a delay determined when the option is enabled, by default this delay is set to 7 days.
- Note: When a purchase is canceled or refunded, any request for reviews that would have been issued on the expected email day is canceled.
Editing the review request email
You can also customize the review request email template.
Warning: If you lack familiarity with HTML editing and lack experience in web scripting languages, it is recommended to reach out to WebSell for guidance when making alterations to these templates.
- From your the WebStore Manager click Design & Content > Edit Templates.
- Scroll down to the Email header in the drop-down that appears.
- Click Review Request Email.
- Edit the email template and click Save Changes to preview your changes.
- Click make the change live to confirm your changes.